Easy Fried Rice
Tofu adds a delicious source of extra protein to our fried rice recipe. You can also try this with shrimp, chicken or beef. Get creative!
10 mins Cook Time
15 mins Yield: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Canola Oil, divided
- 2 large Garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Scallions, greens included, rinsed, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, finely minced
- 4 cups Brown Rice, cooked
- 3/4 cup Red Pepper, finely diced
- 3/4 cup cooked, shelled Edamame or frozen Peas
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen, thawed Corn
- 6 ounces firm Tofu, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 Large Eggland's Best eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons low-sodium Soy Sauce
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or large skillet until very hot.
Add the garlic, scallions and ginger and cook, stirring until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
Add the rice, red pepper, edamame, corn and tofu and cook, stirring until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Make a 3-inch well in the center of the rice mixture. Add 1 teaspoon of canola oil, then add the eggs and cook until nearly fully scrambled.
Stir the eggs into the rice mixture, then add soy sauce and stir well. Serve hot.
Your Ratings and Comments
Please sign in to rate or comment. Sign in with Facebook or use your Eggland's Best account.