Orange Cream Dessert Squares
A sugar cookie crust with a hint of orange is the base for a creamy cheesecake filling.
0 mins Cook Time
4 hrs Yield: 24 servings
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® Create 'n Bake® refrigerated sugar cookies
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel (from 2 large oranges)
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup SMUCKER'S® Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1 teaspoon orange-flavored liqueur or 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 EGGLAND'S BEST EGGS
- 3 tablespoons whipping (heavy) cream
- 2 drops orange food color (or 2 drops yellow and 1 drop red food color)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips
Heat oven to 350°F. Press cookie dough evenly on bottom and 1 inch up sides of ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. (If dough is sticky, use floured fingers.) Sprinkle evenly with orange peel.
In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, marmalade and liqueur with electric mixer on medium-high speed about 1 minute or until well blended. Add eggs; beat about 2 minutes or until well blended and mixture is creamy. Spread evenly in crust.
Bake 29 to 36 minutes or until crust is golden brown and center is set. Cool 1 hour.
In small microwavable bowl, microwave whipping cream and food color uncovered on High about 30 seconds or just until boiling. Add butter and baking chips; stir until chips are melted. Spread mixture evenly over bars. Refrigerate about 1 1/2 hours or until chilled and firm.
To serve, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows, using thin, sharp knife and wiping blade occasionally. Cover and refrigerate any remaining dessert squares.
Your Ratings and Comments
Please sign in to rate or comment. Sign in with Facebook or use your Eggland's Best account.