Easy Cheese Souffle
Light, easy, creamy and delicious. Could you ask for anything more delicious or stress free? Try it for yourself and see.
10 mins Cook Time
45 mins Yield: 12 servings
- 6 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 / 2 cup Evaporated Skim Milk
- 1 / 4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 1 / 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 / 2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 / 4 teaspoon freshly ground Pepper
- 1 / 2 pound sharp light Cheddar Cheese
- 11 ounces light (Neufchatel) Cream Cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375.
In a blender or food processor, place the eggs, evaporated milk, Parmigiano*, mustard, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
With blender or processor running, break off pieces of cheddar and add to the work bowl. Next break off chunks of cream cheese and add to work bowl. After all cheese is incorporated, blend at high speed for 5 seconds.
Spray a 4-cup soufflé dish or equivalent deep baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. You can also make 10-12 individual soufflés in a cupcake or muffin pan. Pour in the batter and place in the oven.
Bake until puffed and golden:
Large soufflé for 45 minutes
Small for 15-20 minutes
Surface could crack during baking
Notes and Suggestions
- After baking, soufflé can be held in oven with door ajar for short time before serving.
- If using a food processor, Parmigiano can be grated in the food processor before adding the remaining ingredients in step 1.
- Serving suggestion: prepare individual soufflés and serve atop a mixed green salad with vinaigrette dressing.
Your Ratings and Comments
Please sign in to rate or comment. Sign in with Facebook or use your Eggland's Best account.