Staying fit and eating healthy is easy! Follow these great tips from EB fitness expert, Cathe Friedrich and start incorporating EB Eggs into your summer diet for high-quality protein throughout the day.
- Keep moving! In the summer months we have even more activity options to help keep us fit! A brisk stroll in the park, a long walk on the beach, swimming in the pool and even yard work are great ways to burn calories! Don’t be afraid to take some of your workouts outside to add a new dynamic to your fitness routine! Remember that sunscreen and extra water are a must when heat and sun are part of the mix!
- Rise and shine! If temperatures in your area are just too hot to handle consider working out first thing in the morning before things really start to heat up! This will not only help to keep you a little cooler but will ensure that fitness isn’t put on the back burner when summer plans are in full swing!
- Plan ahead! Summer is jam packed with cookouts, vacations and other warm weather events that can wreak havoc on your diet. Be prepared with healthy snacks that travel easily like nuts, fresh fruit, veggies and hard-boiled Eggland’s Best Eggs! Having these things on hand and readily available will help to ward off over indulging in hot dogs, ice cream cones and snack bowls and will keep your fitness goals on track!
- Water, water, water! Higher temperatures mean extra sweating! Make sure that you are getting enough water before, during and after your workouts as well as throughout the day. Thirst is often mistaken for hunger, which can lead to unnecessary snacking when you’re not accounting for the increase in hydration needs. Water will help to keep the body flushed out and performing at its best! Consider pineapple as a summer treat choice! It’s thirst quenching and will help to keep you hydrated while also giving you a vitamin boost!
- Rest up! Never underestimate the power of a great night’s sleep! More hours of daylight, travel plans and more fun activities with family and friends may lead to squeezing even more into every hour. Don’t sacrifice your downtime! Our minds and muscles need time to recover and even more so if we are adding extra activity both in and out of the heat.
- Recruit a friend! Lunchtime activity breaks are a great way to add a little calorie-burning boost to your day! Find someone in your office that wants to join you in a midday lap around the office complex or a nearby neighborhood park. You can enjoy each other’s company with the added bonus of accountability!