Almond Birds Nest Cookies
I am a huge lover of all things with almonds, especially almond flour! I love not only the flavor of almond flour, but I also love that it has some of those healthy almond fats in it which totally makes everything have the softest texture, including these almond birds nest cookies! Another key ingredient in these babies are the eggs I used, which are Eggland’s Best Eggs. There is nothing more satisfying them cracking one open and seeing the rich, deep color of the yolk. When eggs have this deep color, like Eggland’s Best Eggs always do, it means that the hens who laid the eggs were fed a high quality diet. That said, I promise these pillowy soft cookies will NOT disappoint you!
Make This Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best eggs (large)
- 1 ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups almond flour, packed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 package chocolate egg candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a spill mat or parchment paper, set side.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs and extracts, mixing well.
- Next, add almond flour and baking soda to the wet ingredients, mixing until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, place ball of dough onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove cookies from oven and immediately press 3 chocolate egg candies into the center of each cookie.
- Allow to cool
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More