Apple Cake with an Irish Cream Glaze
Tender and moist cinnamon cake with a layer of apples and crunchy streusel topping, covered in an Irish Cream glaze of glory!
Make This Recipe
½ cup butter
½ cup sugar
2 large Eggland's Bests eggs
1¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons milk
2 green apples
¾ cup flour
¼ cup oats
½ cup sugar
¼ tsp salt
7 tablespoons butter
1 cup powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoons Irish Cream
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9" springform pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Prepare the cake batter first. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar. Add in eggs, then dry ingredients. Add in milk last. Scrape down sides as needed. Pour batter into prepared pan and set aside.
- Peel, core and slice apples. Place apples in an even layer over the cake batter.
- To make the streusel, place all ingredients in a food processor. Process until it resembles bread crumbs. Cover the apples with the streusel.
- Bake cake for 1 hour, or until the top looks toasted. Let it cool for 10 minutes in pan, then run a knife around the pan and unmold the cake pan.
- To make the glaze, sift powdered sugar in a medium sized bowl. Add in baileys Irish cream, 1 Tbsp at a time until you reach desired consistency.
- Add in a pinch of salt, then transfer the glaze to a piping bag.
- Cut slices of cake, and drizzle on the glaze as desired.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 slice|