Baked EB Eggs on the Grill
Think it’s hard to find vegetarian grill options? Think again! With a little flair of creativity, you can whip up some delicious baked eggs in under 30 minutes. Whether you’re hosting a family BBQ or simply enjoying the summer sun at home, this recipe is a crowd-pleaser. Baking has to be one of the healthiest ways to cook delicious eggs, and Eggland’s Best eggs add extra nutrients over ordinary eggs! What’s more, our delicious recipe packs real flavor boosting strong ingredients like paprika and chili flakes.
Make This Recipe
3 Eggland’s Best eggs, large
⅔ cup spinach
⅓ cup red onion
⅓ cup white onion
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp chili flakes
½ tsp sea salt
- Ensure you are using a grill that closes or has a full lid. Start by lighting the grill and allowing it to heat up for 15 minutes.
- While that's heating up, it’s time to get prepping. Peel, wash, and chop the red and white onion. The finer you slice it up, the better.
- When the grill is hot, put on an oven-proof pan and add the olive oil to it. Add the white and red onion and spinach along with a tablespoon of paprika.
- Cook for around two minutes or until the onions are translucent. Take the pan off the grill.
- Make sure that the onions and spinach are spread out evenly around the pan. Make three shallow dips in the mixture for the eggs.
- Crack the EB eggs into the dips. Swirl the pan around gently so that all of the spinach and onions are completely covered.
- Place the pan back on the grill and either close it or put the lid on top of it. Leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- To serve, season with chili flakes and salt.
Tip: Want some more spice? Add a kick to your baked EB eggs by using chili powder rather than paprika. A little goes a long way.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More