Baked Eggs with Ratatouille
The ultimate comfort food! A great variety of healthy vegetables and EB eggs make this warm, tasty dish perfect for anytime.
Make This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 8 white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 medium yellow cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 Japanese eggplant (or 1/3 regular eggplant), cut into 1/2" pieces
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch pepper
- 6 Eggland's Best eggs, large
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 4-5 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add chopped onion and garlic and
- cook until softened, approximately 5 minutes. When cooked, remove onion & garlic from pan and set aside in a small bowl.
- In the same pan, sautee mushrooms, zucchini, and squash until light brown and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside in another small bowl.
- Add tomatoes, eggplant, oregano, salt, and pepper to the skillet and cook until eggplant is tender.
- In an 8 X 8 inch square baking dish, layer squash, zucchini, and mushrooms on the bottom of the pan, followed by the eggplant, and then the onion & garlic mixture.
- Crack an egg in a small bowl, and gently slide on top of the vegetables in the dish; repeat for all eggs.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from oven when finished, and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over dish and layer Swiss cheese evenly on top. Return to oven for an additional 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving with your favorite toast.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 Serving|
|Fat||14g (43% calories from fat)|