Blissful Banana Bread
I almost always have a loaf of this bread ready for the kids. Its nutritious and they love it. Quick snack and great way to use up ripe bananas.
Make This Recipe
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
2 Eggland’s Best eggs, large
3 mashed bananas
1/4 cup milk of choice
2 tablespoons ground flax seed
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
Optional: walnuts, chocolate chips or dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 325° F and grease 9x5 loaf pan.
- In large bowl, beat oil and honey with a whisk. Add Eggland’s Best eggs and beat well. Add bananas and milk.
- Add baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and whisk to blend. Add flax and chia seeds. Lumps are ok. Fold in any other mix-ins.
- Pour into pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake for 55 to 60 min until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More