Blueberry Corn Skillet Cake with Bacon Streusel
This recipe features Petit Jean Bacon and War Eagle Mill Cornmeal, both produced in Arkansas. This sweet and savory dish is perfect to stand alone for breakfast or brunch, but is an excellent complement as a dinner side dish.
Make This Recipe
- 6 slices Petit Jean bacon, cooked & chopped/crumbled into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup plus 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 large, Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup War Eagle Mill cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch iron skillet over medium-high heat; swirl the melted butter around and up the sides of the pan to prepare for baking.
- Pour the remaining butter in a heat-proof glass bowl and refrigerate to cool.
- In another large bowl, add sugar and add eggs, one at a time, whisking by hand.
- When eggs and sugar are combined, add vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture, then add in melted butter. Stir in the melted butter.
- Gently fold in the blueberries. Spread mixture into buttered cast iron skillet.
- Toss bacon in the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar, coating it completely.
- Spread bacon on top of batter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until cake is set and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve straight from the iron skillet.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|