Blueberry Lemon Easter Cupcakes
These delightful cupcakes are airy and fluffy popping with flavors of blueberry and lemon. The vanilla frosting adds a perfect touch to this flavor profile and elevates it. It’s easy to whip up wising only a few basic ingredients. The key is to start with creaming the butter with sugar, which is going to make the baked goods airy and fluffy, especially when combined with the eggs.
Make This Recipe
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 Eggland’s Best eggs, large, at room temperature
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup kefir or buttermilk, at room temperature
2 tbsp lemon zest
1/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Mix the dry ingredients, and set aside.
- Cream the sugar and room temperature butter by beating those on high speed for 2 mins, add room temperature eggs, beat 2 more minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, including the dry mix and beat on low speed just until combined and smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries and pour into cupcake liners. Fill only 2/3 to avoid spilling on the sides.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking, make the cream cheese frosting, by beating the room temperature butter and cream cheese with the rest of the frosting ingredients, until the mixture expands in size, is creamy and smooth, for about 4 minutes.
- Pipe the frosting on the cooled cupcakes.
- Use coconut flakes, sanding sugar, dark chocolate pieces to decorate the Easter Bunny cupcakes.
- Use shredded chocolate, mini chocolate Easter eggs to decorate the Bird’s Nest cupcakes.
- After decorating, let it set in the fridge for around 30 minutes.
Recipe Notes: The cupcakes can be made with or without frosting any time of the year and decorate accordingly. It’s good to keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator. Make sure to use room temperature ingredients. You can substitute the sugar with coconut sugar to make it low carb. You can substitute Kefir with the same amount or buttermilk. Both create the same level of fluffiness.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More