Skip to Main Content
American Heart Association Joins Forces with Eggland’s Best to Inspire Healthy at Home Cooking Read More
I grew up all over the world, my father was in the US Navy. My recipe is more representing how I grew up rather than where I live. It really fits in with any state. It is a very homey dish.
Make This Recipe
8 large Eggland’s Best eggs
1/2 pound any type bulk sausage
2 pre-made pie crusts
2 cups whole milk
4 tablespoons flour
2 cups shredded cheese
2 cups shredded potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk eggs and scramble loosely. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place one pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate.
- Place scrambled eggs in the pie plate on top of the crust.
- Brown hash browns in a skillet with 2 tablespoons of butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese on top of scrambled eggs.
- Layer browned shredded potatoes on top of scrambled eggs and cheese.
- Crumble and brown sausage and set aside (use the skillet to make the milk gravy).
- Whisk 4 tablespoons of flour into 2 cups of milk until smooth.
- Pour milk and flour into skillet used to cook the sausage. Whisk as it thickens. Once the milk has the consistency of gravy, stir in cooked sausage.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of hash browns.
- Pour sausage gravy on top of scrambled eggs, cheese, and hash browns.
- Place the remaining crust on top. Fold over and crimp edges of pie crusts to keep gravy and cheese from leaking out.
- Bake at 450°F for about 15-20 minutes or until crust is done.
Information per Serving