Skip to Main Content
Eggland’s Best Announces “America’s Best Family Recipe” Contest 2020
This recipe reflects Louisiana Cajun roots by using local crawfish tails and alligator sausage. They're called "Space Cakes" because they are out-of-this world! A celebration in every bite!
Make This Recipe
1.5 pounds of crawfish tails
8 ounces of alligator sausage (often referred to as alligator pork sausage)
2 cups of rice cooked in chicken stock
5 large Eggland's Best eggs
1 bunch of green onions chopped small
1 pound grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon of minced garlic sauteed lightly in butter
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
1/4 cup of half and half
1/2 tablespoon Tabasco
1.5 cups of flour seasoned with Creole seasonings
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of butter
- Chop alligator sausage into very small pieces. Set aside.
- Roughly chop crawfish tails and set crawfish liquid aside.
- Whisk together eggs, half and half, mayo, Tabasco and crawfish liquid until well-mixed.
- Add crawfish tails, alligator sausage, cooked rice and sautéd garlic to the mixture. Blend well.
- Mold into small cakes and coat with seasoned flour. Using an ice cream scoop will help keep sizes uniform.
- Heat up a large non stick skillet and add vegetable oil and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Sauté a few cakes at a time (to avoid overcrowding) until brown on each side.
- Serve piping hot with Tabasco mayonnaise or a remoulade sauce of your choice.
Information per Serving