Carrot Cake Cookies
Bringing together two dessert favorites to make one ultimate treat, perfect for Easter and Springtime. Soft oatmeal cookies made with cinnamon, grated carrots, coconut and raisins, topped with cream cheese frosting and pecans.
Make This Recipe
Carrot Cake Cookies:
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 Eggland's Best eggs, large, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup carrots shredded or grated (dried)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cups quick oats
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup coconut flakes
¼ cup of pecan halves for topping
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/3 cup stick unsalted butter, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Beat butter and sugars for 1-2 minutes until light and creamy. Add egg, and vanilla bean paste and beat to combine, scraping the bowl if necessary.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Then add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat on low until just combined. Add the oats, coconut, carrots and raisins and mix until combined.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Scoop the dough and form into a ball. Then place dough a couple of inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown and still slightly soft in the center. Cool the cookies completely on the baking sheets. While cooling, start making the frosting. For the frosting:
- Beat cream cheese and butter for several minutes, until combined. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat for a couple more minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Place a dollop of frosting on top of the cookies in the center. Then place pecan halves on top.
- Store cookies in the refrigerator and eat them from the fridge or bring to room temp before serving.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More