Cheddar-Veggie Appetizer Torte
The wedges are easy to eat as finger food, plus it's delicious hot or cold. — Barbara Estabrook, Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Make This Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups finely crushed multigrain crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 5 small fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 4 Eggland's Best eggs (large), lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter.
Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Spoon over cheese.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in bacon and pour over vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Place springform pan on a baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan.
Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|