Chocolate Cookies with Mint Chocolate Ganache
Soft chocolate cookies covered with a minty and fudgy chocolate ganache, and decorated with pretty green icing for St. Patrick's Day
Make This Recipe
For the cookie dough:
6 oz (170 gr) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (120 gr) powdered sugar
2 large Eggland's Best Eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup (30 gr) unsweetened cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups (300 gr) all-purpose flour
For the mint chocolate ganache:
1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy cream
1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract, optional
8 oz (225 gr) semi-sweet chocolate chips
green icing to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the cubed butter and the powdered sugar. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until light.
- Add the cocoa powder, salt, and flour some at a time. Mix at low speed until combined.
- Make into a ball. Place on a sheet of parchment paper (or counter) and roll out to about 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut out into circles. Make sure to re-roll the scraps and cut more cookies.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake at 350F for about 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool down before decorating.
- Pour the heavy cream into a small saucepan. Add the mint leaves (if using). Heat over medium and bring to a slow boil. Remove the mint leaves and pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips. Add the mint extract if using. Whisk until smooth.
- Dip the top of the cookies into the chocolate ganache and place them onto a cooling rack to set.
- Decorate the top with green icing.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More