Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint Buttercream
This rich chocolate cupcake has all your favorite holiday flavors!
Make This Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs (large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup hot coffee
- 1 cup butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- pinch of salt
- crushed up peppermints, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- With the mixer on low, slowly pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Then pour the hot coffee into the batter. Mix until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce mixer speed to low, and add the powdered sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time, until thoroughly combined.
- Add the vanilla and peppermint extracts and a pinch of salt and increase speed on mixer to medium.Beat for 1 minute.
- Frost cupcakes as desired, and garnish with crushed peppermint candies.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|