Skip to Main Content
EGGLAND’S BEST TEAMS UP WITH DAILY BURN TO OFFER NUTRITIOUS RECIPES AND WORKOUT ROUTINES Read More
This creamy chocolate pie is totally drool worthy and features a fluffy meringue topping! It's the perfect holiday pie and a crowd favorite! Make the day before and store it in the fridge.
Make This Recipe
3 c. Flour
1/2 c. Boiling water
1 c. Shortening
Dash of salt
3 c. Milk
1 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Flour
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp cocoa
2 tbsp butter
3 Eggland's Best eggs, large, yolks only
1 tsp vanilla
9 Tbsp. Eggland’s Best 100% Egg Whites
2 Tbsp. sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Pour water over shortening and break into small pieces.
- Add flour and salt. Mix + roll out.
- Poke crust with a fork and bake at 400°F for 10ish minutes or until golden brown.
- Scald milk. Add dry ingredients. Add butter then egg yolks.
- Cook until it’s thick.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into the crust!
- Beat Eggland’s Best 100% Egg Whites with sugar until you see peaks.
- Brown in the oven
Recipe Notes: Make the day before and store it in the fridge.
Information per Serving