Company’s Coming French Toast Bake
This is an overnight must during the holidays.
Make This Recipe
10 Eggland’s Best Large Eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
18oz loaf sourdough bread, cubed
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup cold butter
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Arrange bread in an even layer in a greased 9”x13” pan or baking dish. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread and lightly press the bread down into the mixture.
- For the topping, mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Grate butter into the mixture, and mix until crumbly.
- Cover both the baking dish and bowl, and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, remove both from the refrigerator while the oven preheats to 350°F. Evenly sprinkle the crumble mixture on top of the base.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, until the casserole is golden brown and set.
- Serve with a variety of french toast toppings: maple syrup, fresh berries, whipped cream, chocolate drizzle and sprinkles.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More