Crab and Vegetable Frittata and Arugula-Carrot Salad with Brown Butter Bacon Vinaigrette
If a frittata is a blank canvas, this recipe from chef Richard Ingraham is a work of art starring Eggland’s Best eggs alongside indulgent crab, crisp veggies, and creamy avocado.
Make This Recipe
2 cups baby arugula
2 small rainbow carrots, shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
1 small shallot, very thinly sliced
½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 medium shallot, minced
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 small rainbow carrots, thinly sliced
½ red bell pepper, sliced
6 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1½” pieces
2 teaspoons creole seasoning
1 stick unsalted butter
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 pieces applewood smoked bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
8 Eggland’s BestⓇ Organic Eggs
⅓ cup heavy cream
¾ cup shredded asiago cheese, divided (3oz total)
¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup lump crab meat, picked over for shells
1 small avocado, pitted and diced
¼ cup smoked sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a medium bowl combine arugula, shallots, carrots, and peppers.
- In a medium nonstick ovenproof skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook until softened. Add carrots, bell pepper, asparagus, and creole seasoning and cook until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Make vinaigrette while vegetables cook: In a small skillet melt butter over medium heat. Continue to cook until butter sputters and crackles, then starts to foam. Swirl the pan: there should be light brown flecks on the bottom. Take off the heat and whisk in mustard, brown sugar, and vinegar. Stir in bacon. Set aside to finish cooking the frittata.
- In large bowl whisk eggs, cream, ½ cup cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add crab, avocado, and tomatoes to skillet with carrots. Increase heat to medium-high and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and shake to ensure eggs are evenly distributed.
- Cook, without stirring, until set, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup cheese over eggs and transfer skillet to oven. Bake until golden brown and center is set, about 8 minutes.
- Turn out frittata on a serving platter. Top with arugula-carrot salad, and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More