Easy Apple Cinnamon Scones
These easy apple cinnamon scones are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast, snack or just a sweet treat!
Make This Recipe
2 Large Eggland’s Best eggs, divided
2/3 cup plain greek yogurt
3 tbsp cold butter, grated
2 cups white whole wheat flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
⅛ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
Heaping 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 large apple skinned and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, line a baking sheet with a spill mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine 1 egg, entire container of yogurt, and butter. Mix lightly until combined.
- Next, add in flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Start mixing on low, then slowly increase to medium. The dough will begin to thicken and clump together. You want to keep mixing until it forms a single ball and is no longer crumbly. This may take a few minutes.
- Next, add in your blueberries and mix until these are just dispersed.
- Sprinkle a little additional flour onto a cutting board. Roll the dough into on, giant ball and place onto the cutting board. Form a circle about 10" in diameter and 2 " tall (roughly). Cut into 8 even triangles.
- In a small bowl take the remaining egg and whisk with a fork. Use a small brush to "paint" each scone on the tops and sides. Set onto a prepared cookie sheet.
- Repeat brushing each scone until you have done them all.
- Sprinkle all brushed scones with the remaining 1 tbsp sugar.
- Place scones in the oven for 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, and enjoy!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Saturated Fat||4.2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.7 g|