Easy Prepared Scotch Eggs
The perfect, easy recipe to make for a gathering as an appetizer or entree. Use Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
Make This Recipe
1 lb. of mild Italian sausage or any sausage of choice
1/2 c. All-Purpose flour
1 Tbsp. Milk
2 c. Panko Breadcrumbs
1/2 c. Grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper
Vegetable Oil (for frying)
Mustard or Hot Sauce-for serving
- Shape sausage meat into a flat round and then wrap around each hard-cooked peeled egg until completely covered.
- Beat together egg and milk into a small bowl.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl and stir together panko breadcrumbs, parmesan, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Take the sausage covered egg, cover with flour, dip in egg wash, and cover with panko mixture.
- Repeat for the remainder and then place eggs in the freezer to chill for 20 minutes.
- In a medium pan, heat 2 cups of oil until 350°F.
- Gently place each egg in the hot oil once at a time and fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Gently turn the egg with a strainer on all sides, doing this frequently, until the sausage is cooked through.
- Transfer eggs to a paper towel-lined plate to drain off grease.
- Cut in half and serve with hot or mustard sauce
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More