Eggnog "Cheese"cake Bars
These Eggnog "Cheese"cake Bars bring the holiday flavor without the refined sugar or the dairy. They are a unique spin on a traditional holiday dessert, but also keeps enough of the tradition alive through the spices to elevate traditional to epic.
Make This Recipe
2/3 cup maple syrup
2/3 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk, separated
1 cup and 1/2 cup; 1 can full-fat coconut milk
1 8oz bag granola of choice
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 cups (before soaked) raw cashews - soaked overnight. They will expand, but use them all
1 cup dairy-free eggnog (above)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut cream
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Whisk together egg yolks, maple syrup, nutmeg, and cinnamon. As you whisk, it will start to thicken a bit.
- Put one can of full-fat coconut milk, and just 1 cup of almond milk into a saucepan on the stove. Using medium heat, bring it to steam.
- Take the warmed milk from the stovetop and slowly pour into the egg mixture while stirring steadily. Place in the refrigerator overnight to set.
- Stir remaining 1/2 cup cold almond milk into the mixture.
Assemble the Cheesecake Bars:
- Food Process until the texture of a crust.
- Press into a parchment-lined 9x9 pan.
- Place in the freezer while making the cheesecake mixture.
- Blend cashews, eggnog, maple syrup, coconut cream, nutmeg, and cinnamon well in a high-speed blender. Smooth over the top of the crust.
- Freeze overnight.
Recipe Notes: Make sure to read the recipe in full before starting! There are a few parts of the recipe that require extended periods of time for setting/freezing, so check that out ahead of time!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More