Eggs Poached in Ancho-Tomato Sauce
This affordable weeknight meal is made with on-hand ingredients so it couldn't be easier!
Make This Recipe
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 clove garlic
- 2-1/2 tbsp. ancho chile pepper powder
- 6 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 8 Eggland's Best® eggs
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
Blend tomatoes, garlic and ancho pepper in blender until smooth.
Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings. Add onions to skillet; cook and stir 2 min. Stir in tomato mixture; bring to boil. Add mixed vegetables; cook 3 min., stirring occasionally.
Break eggs, 1 at a time, into small bowl; slip over vegetable mixture in skillet, leaving space between eggs. Cover; cook on medium-low heat 8 min. or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but do not become firm. Top with cheese, bacon and cilantro.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|