Grab-and-Go Bacon-and-Potato Breakfast Burritos
If you're looking for something a little more substantial, this breakfast burrito is a great option. It's perfect because it's filled with things kids love like scrambled eggs, bacon, and potatoes, but more adventurous eaters can add veggies, meat, or salsa, if they choose. This is a creative way to make sure your entire family is not only getting something delicious but good for them too: their daily dose of protein, along with brain-boosting vitamins, minerals, and nutrients like DHA, B12, and iodine. - Ashleigh Evans
Make This Recipe
8 large Eggland’s Best eggs
2 cups frozen potato crowns
6 slices bacon
2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1/2 cup grated firm, mild cheese such as Colby jack
Six 8-inch tortillas
Salsa and ripe cubed, sliced, or mashed avocado for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the potato crowns in a single layer on half of the pan. Arrange the bacon slices on the other half.
- Bake until the bacon and potatoes are golden and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Turn the potatoes once about halfway through the cooking time. Sometimes the bacon cooks faster—just transfer it to paper towels to drain and allow the potatoes to finish.
- Meanwhile, combine the eggs and butter in a bowl. Whisk until well blended.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Coat lightly with cooking spray. Add the egg mixture and scramble, turning and stirring with a spatula until cooked through but still moist, about 1 to 3 minutes. When almost done, scatter the cheese over the top.
- To assemble: Place a tortilla on a cutting board. Top with a scoop of scrambled eggs, 5 or 6 potato crowns, and a slice of bacon. Top with salsa or avocado, if desired. Fold in the ends of the tortilla and wrap like a burrito. Repeat to assemble the remaining burritos.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More