Homemade Parker House Rolls
Parker House Rolls are named after a famous hotel in Boston, Massachusetts where they first originated back in the 1800s. Parker House Rolls are known for their buttery fold when shaping the dough into rolls. They are the most buttery, soft, delectable rolls you'll ever make!
Make This Recipe
6-7 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 packet active dry yeast (2 ¼ teaspoons)
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled (plus 2 tablespoons for brushing rolls with butter)
1 1/3 cups whole milk
1/2 cup water
2 Eggland's Best eggs, large
1 Eggland's Best eggs, egg yolk at room temp, lightly beaten
1 ½ teaspoons salt
- Microwave water to 105-115°F. Stir water after microwaving so the temperature is even throughout.
- Add yeast and sugar. Stir. Let sit for about 10 minutes until very bubbly and foamy. Does not need to double in size.
- Microwave milk to 105-115°F. Add to the bowl of a mixer. Add cooled melted butter (temp shouldn’t be higher than 115°F), yeast mixture, and room temp lightly beaten eggs and yolk. Stir.
- Mix together 6 cups of flour with salt. Add 1 cup of flour at a time to a mixer with dough attachment. Stir slowly. Mix until smooth yet slightly shaggy. Add more flour (up to 1 cup more) to the dough if very sticky. Knead in mixer for at least 8 minutes or by hand for at least 10 minutes.
- Let dough rise in a warm dark place, covered in plastic wrap and a clean dish towel, for 75 minutes. The dough should double in size.
- Punch down dough and reform it into a big ball. Shape 1/3 cup balls, press down so the ball is flat, and add a very light, thin brush of melted butter. Reshape into a ball so that the buttery fold is inside the roll and the top of the roll is smooth.
- Place in a 9x13 greased baking dish, so the rolls are touching each other. Let rise for 1 hour, covered again.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 25-35 minutes until golden and the internal temp of the rolls reaches 190°F.
- Loosely tent rolls with foil when they reach desired color (after around 20 minutes). Brush 1 tablespoon melted butter right out of the oven. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before enjoying.
Recipe Notes: make 2-3 days ahead and reheat in the oven before serving
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More