Looking for a tasty breakfast that packs a punch of flavor? You can’t go wrong with delicious, homemade huevos rancheros! This savory treat is simple and healthy, combining Eggland’s Best eggs®, fresh vegetables, and a side of mashed beans (a healthier alternative to refried beans). This recipe is perfect for vegetarians, or anyone wanting to switch up their breakfast. This flavourful meal is certain to be a real winner. Plus, it takes just 10 minutes to make!
Make This Recipe
40g chopped cherry tomatoes
½ cup chopped white onion
¼ cup chopped cilantro
⅓ cup chopped salad onions
2 tbsp lime juice
200g drained and cooked black beans
2 medium corn tortillas
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Place the cooked black beans into a bowl and add two tablespoons of lime juice.
2. Use a fork to mash the beans and lime juice together and then set aside.
3. Put the chopped cherry tomatoes, white onions, cilantro, salad onions, salt, and pepper into a bowl. Mix well to create pico de gallo.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add two medium eggs and cook to your personal liking.
5. Meanwhile, warm the tortillas in a separate pan with no oil.
6. Serve on two plates. Layer a tortilla, some pico de gallo, and an egg on top of each other.
7. Add the mashed beans on the side
Tip: If you need a little more spice in your life, add a pinch of chili powder to the mashed beans. It will give this breakfast a real kick!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More