Indian Crescent Ring
Take your Thanksgiving dinner to the next level with this Indian-style Crescent Ring made with Eggland's Best scrambled eggs and veggies, flavored with Indian spices. It’s fun, easy n delicious and you can absolutely wow your guests with this creation.
Make This Recipe
6 Eggland’s Best Eggs
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
1-2 green chilies, finely chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
1 tsp chili powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 8 oz. refrigerated crescent roll
Oil, as required
Salt, as required
1 handful of cilantro leaves, chopped, garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Into a bowl, crack open 5 eggs and discard shells. Whisk the eggs well and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and sauté the onions until translucent, ensure not to brown. Add green chilies, tomatoes and salt, sauté for another 2 mins. Add the spice powders; chili powder and turmeric powder, sauté for 2 more mins.
- Add the whisked eggs and cook for 1-2 minutes. Keep stirring continuously until cooked. Switch off the flame and garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough from its can and separate the triangular sheets onto a plate.
- Place a parchment paper on a flat surface and put a small bowl on the center (as the center of the crescent ring).
- Arrange the triangular sheets around the bowl in a ring shape with its shorter sides touching the bowl and overlapping each other slightly, and the longer pointed ends facing outwards. It should look like a sun.
- Spoon the scrambled eggs filling around the bowl on the wider part of the sheets, in a ring shape.
- Remove the bowl from the center. Bring each crescent roll triangle end over the filling and tuck securely under the dough on the inner part of the ring.
- Transfer the parchment paper carefully onto a baking tray. Prepare an egg wash with the remaining egg and brush it over the crescent ring.
- Place the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the dough is golden brown. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve with ketchup.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More