Skip to Main Content
Eggland’s Best Announces “America’s Best Family Recipe” Contest 2020
This delicious egg bake is crammed with all your favorite Italian tastes!
Make This Recipe
- 12 Eggland’s Best Eggs (large)
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 packages (6 oz. each) fresh baby spinach
- 8 slices Italian bread (1 in. thick)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teasoon. ground nutmeg
- 4 cups (16 oz.) shredded Italian cheese blend
In a large skillet, cook sausage, mushrooms, onion, peppers and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, sauté spinach until wilted.
Place bread on a baking sheet and broil 2-3 in. from heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Layer sausage mixture and spinach over bread; pour egg mixture over top.
Sprinkle with cheese, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cover and bake for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Information per Serving