Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Delicately sweetened lemon-scented pillows are some of the words used to describe these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes recipe. These dainty pancakes are a favorite amongst the brunch crowd. The pancakes are not difficult to make, however, every single ingredient must be used in order to make them a success.
Make This Recipe
3 Eggland's Best eggs, large, separated
¾ cup double cream or whole milk ricotta cheese
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla paste
2 tbsp lemon zest (each lemon yields approximately 1 tbsp of zest)
¼ cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1-2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks. Beat egg whites to a stiff peak and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg yolks and the next four ingredients. Use a whisk or a fork to combine all of the ingredients. Add the flour, sugar and salt to the egg yolk mixture.
- Using a spoon, add the stiff egg whites to the pancake mixture.
- Mix the two items gently, but thoroughly. Once you have prepared the pancake batter, you are ready to start cooking.
- Place a baking sheet in a 170° oven. As you cook each pancake, place them on the baking sheet. This step will ensure that each pancake is deliciously hot before serving.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add one tbsp of butter and one tbsp of vegetable oil to the pan. The vegetable oil will prevent the butter from burning. Once the butter has melted into the vegetable oil, add three tablespoons of lemon ricotta pancake batter to the center of the pan. Cook each side for 1½ - 2 minutes.
- Place the fully cooked pancake in the oven.
- After cooking ½ of the pancake batter, add the remaining tbsp of butter and tbsp of vegetable oil to the non-stick pan. Continue cooking the pancakes. As soon as you have finished cooking all of the pancakes, remove the cookie sheet from the oven.
- Plate these lovely pancakes on a large serving dish. Sprinkle with one to two tablespoons of sifted powdered sugar. If desired, adorn your plate with fresh berries, raspberry compote or preserves and fresh whipped cream.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More