Low Carb Maple Sausage Muffins
These delicious muffins, bursting with sweet and savory flavors, are the perfect healthy grab-and-go option for busy mornings.
Make This Recipe
6 Eggland's Best eggs, large
1 lb. Maple sausage
1 1/2 cups Superfine Almond Flour
1/2 cup Coconut Flour
1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/3 cup Pyure Granulated Sweetener (or equivalent)
1 tsp. Maple Extract
3 Tbsp. Pyure Maple-flavored Syrup
- Brown the maple sausage and chop into small pieces while it cooks. Drain excess grease and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place paper liners in a 12-cup standard-sized muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk 6 large Egglands Best Eggs until blended.
- Add the cooked sausage to the eggs, then stir in almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, shredded mozzarella cheese, and Pyure sweetener. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter equally into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until the tops begin to brown and the mixture is set. The top should spring back when pressed.
- Drizzle the Pyure maple-flavored syrup over top of the muffins and serve.
- Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers in an airtight container.
Recipe Notes: These muffins can be made ahead and served cold or at room temperature, or reheated in the microwave. Make in mini muffin cups for a fun appetizer, brunch, or luncheon.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More