Lucky Charms Bundt Cake
A decadent chocolate cake with chocolate cream glaze decorated with Lucky Charms Cereal.
Make This Recipe
1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup Dutch-processed cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup full fat buttermilk, at room temperature
1 teaspoon instant coffee
1 cup unsalted butter, very soft
1 cup granulated sugar
4 large Eggland's Best eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup heavy cream
½ cup dark chocolate chips
1 tsp canola oil
LUCKY CHARMS cereal for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Lightly grease a Bundt cake pan.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl twice. Set aside.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in the buttermilk. Set aside.
- Add butter to the bowl of a standing mixer and mix on medium for 2 minutes. Scrape down sides.
- Next, gradually add sugar to the butter and mix for 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides.
- Add one egg at a time to the mixer (wait until the egg is combined before adding the next, about 20 seconds).
- Scrape down the sides, at least 2 times during the egg adding step.
- Add vanilla and buttermilk-coffee mixture and mix until combined.
- Turn down speed to low and add the dry ingredients, one third at a time. Mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into the greased pan. Put in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Check to make sure the cake is finished by sticking a toothpick in the center. The toothpick should come out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes & on a wire rack for 45 min before glazing.
- Heat heavy cream in a glass microwaveable bowl for 1~1.5 minutes watching carefully not to boil over.
- Remove from microwave and pour in the chocolate chips.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and then add the teaspoon of vegetable oil and whisk until shiny.
- Glaze cake. Add cereal for decoration.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 slice|