Monte Cristo Puffed Pancake with Warm Huckleberry Drizzle
Huckleberries are the state fruit of Idaho. They are closely related to the blueberry!
Make This Recipe
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Eggland’s Best Eggs (large)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard or sweet hot mustard
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) grated Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup diced Black Forest ham
- 1/2 cup diced smoked or roast turkey
- 3/4 cup wild huckleberry syrup (or blueberry)
- 1 cup huckleberries (or blueberries)
- powdered sugar, for dusting
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Place butter in a 10-inch oven-proof skillet and place in the oven.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
In another bowl, whisk together Eggland’s Best eggs, milk and mustard.
Stir in cheese.
Create a well in the flour and add the egg mixture; mix well.
Remove hot skillet from oven when the butter begins to bubble.
Pour batter in skillet all at once. Sprinkle the ham and turkey evenly over the top and return the skillet to the oven.
Bake until golden brown and puffy, 12 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, for drizzle, combine syrup and huckleberries in small saucepan over medium-low heat.
Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 5 minutes.
To serve, sprinkle pancake with powdered sugar and generously spoon over the warm huckleberry drizzle.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|