Open Face Egg and Spinach Salad Sandwich
This one dish meal is colorful, fresh, quick, easy, and delicious! Just right for one, especially after a trip to the Farmer's Market.
Make This Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato, about 1 small or 1/2 of a medium tomato
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, lightly steamed or use a leftover ear of fresh corn on the cob
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion, 1-2 scallions, depending on their size
- 1 tablespoon chopped Flat Italian Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 slice Rustic Whole Grain Bread such as Ciabatta or Round Italian Sliced Bread
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 Eggland's Best large egg, hard cooked
Hard Cook Eggs:
Place eggs in a pan just large enough to hold them in a single layer. You don't want them to move around a lot. Add cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Once the water comes to a boil, watch carefully. Boil 30 seconds - 1 minute. Turn heat off and cover. Let sit 18 minutes.
Mix together the tomato, corn, parsley, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside to let the flavors blend. This can be done ahead.
Toast the bread and set it on a large plate. Lay the spinach on top of the bread. Slice the egg into 5 - 6 slices and lay them on top of the spinach. Spoon the tomato corn mixture onto the sandwich and serve.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 Serving|