Parmesan Cheese Muffin Bread (Brazilian Cheese Bread)
This is Christy Cusato's take on an old family recipe for Brazilian Cheese Bread. Gluten and wheat free, this recipe yields 12 muffins that are crispy on the outside, almost creamy on the inside
Make This Recipe
2 beaten Eggland’s Best eggs (large)
1/2 stick organic butter
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup organic milk or soy milk
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups tapioca flour
2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Pour butter, water, milk, and salt into a large saucepan, and place over high heat. When the mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat immediately, and stir in tapioca flour and garlic until smooth.
- Set aside to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir the cheese and egg into the tapioca mixture until well combined- the mixture will be chunky like cottage cheese.
- Drop rounded, 1/4 cup-sized balls of the mixture onto a greased muffin pan.
- Top with more Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle more cheese and garnish with preferred fresh herbs.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More