Patriotic Confetti Cake
A vanilla confetti cake studded with red, white, and blue sprinkles, topped with a cream cheese buttercream and decorated with strawberries and blueberries to imitate the American flag!
Make This Recipe
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 Eggland's Best Eggs, large (at room temperature)
1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
1/3 cup sour cream (at room temperature)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk, at room temperature
1/2 cup red, white, and blue sprinkles
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 ounces butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
5 cups powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
Fresh blueberries and strawberries for topping
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a large bowl and a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. It's important that your eggs are at room temperature prior to adding them. Add almond and vanilla extracts along with sour cream and mix again.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add half of the dry mixture to the butter mixture and fold until just combined. Add half of the milk (ensure it is at room temperature), and fold again.
- Repeat with the remaining dry ingredients and remaining milk. Then fold in the sprinkles. For this cake, I use red, white, and blue Jimmies, but for another holiday, feel free to use different color sprinkles.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then carefully remove using parchment paper and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, make the frosting.
- Cream together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla, then add the powdered sugar and salt.
- Spread the frosting over the cake, then decorate with sliced strawberries and blueberries to make it look like an American flag or any other fun pattern!
- Slice into squares and enjoy!
Recipe Notes: If making in advance, make the cake first and wrap tightly in plastic wrap before refrigerating or freezing. Frost and decorate before serving.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More