Peppermint Forest Meringue
Peppermint Merigues normally found deep within the Peppermint Forest are now going to be your go to Holiday treat! These are made with Fat Free & Gluten-Free Peppermint Meringue.
Make This Recipe
1/2 cup Egglands Best 100% Egg Whites
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- Preheat oven to 225°F
- In a very clean bowl of a stand mixer whip your Egglands Best 100% egg whites to a soft peak, then add in 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar, whip for 5 minutes. Then slowly add in your sugar while you continue to whip your whites.
- Once all the sugar is added, add in your peppermint extract, continue to whip for another 10 minutes on high speed to achieve a strong a sturdy firm peak to your egg whites.
- Place your meringue into a piping bag fitted with a 1M star tip and pipe out your desired shape onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle crushed candies for decorations if you like now.
- Bake at 225°F for 2 hours.
- Once cooled enjoy right away or add sticks to the back with chocolate or royal icing. these keep for days in an airtight container and can also be made ahead.
Recipe Notes: The flavor of this meringue base can be altered by just changing the flavor of your extract.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More