Puff Pastry Breakfast Egg Tart
Puff Pastry Breakfast Egg Tart made with Eggland's Best eggs, bacon, veggies and cheese baked to perfection. Perfect to serve as an appetizer for any occasion!
Make This Recipe
1 sheet of puff pastry (thawed)
¼ cup bacon (cooked)
½ of a red bell pepper (finely chopped)
½ of a green bell pepper (finely chopped)
¼ cup mozzarella cheese
Green onion (sliced, as garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400-degree F.
- Roll the thawed puff pastry sheet to an 8x12” rectangle size. Place the thawed sheet onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Prick the sheet with a fork (to allow venting of air). Make a crease along the four sides by folding in ½ inch of the sheet inwards and seal it with a fork.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 7 minutes. The pastry sheet will puff up but will vent and settle down once removed from the oven.
- Fill the sheet with veggies & bacon, lining them to create a well, 4 of them.
- Crack the Eggland’s Best Eggs carefully one by one onto each well, ensuring not to break the yolks.
- Top with cheese over the egg whites. Also, brush the folded edges of the sheet with egg wash.
- Place the pan back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes for cooked egg whites and a runny yolk, else bake for 12 minutes for a cooked yolk.
- Remove from the oven, top with green onions, slice and enjoy.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More