Spooky Red Velvet Cupcakes
Red Velvet has always been one of my favorites and this cupcake recipe is my go to during Halloween season! It’s essentially a buttermilk cake with just a hint of cocoa power. It’s then dyed red to get its signature color! This recipe is moist and rich and always a crowd please. Enjoy!
Make This Recipe
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
2 Tbs cocoa powder
1 1/4 tsp vinegar
1/2 bottle of red food coloring
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Tbs. Water
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake tin with liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder and then set bowl aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer combine oil, sugar, buttermilk and eggs thoroughly.
- Add in red food coloring, vanilla, vinegar and water and mix till combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet while mixing on low.
- Mix until just combined.
- Fill liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 min or until done.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More