Roasted Vegetable and Tomato Souffle
This recipe is a great do-ahead dish. You can prepare the soufflé up to the point of baking one day ahead and refrigerate. You can also use this recipe for roasted vegetables to serve with other dishes or tuck in an omelet.
Make This Recipe
- 1 medium zucchini (about 6" long), quartered and sliced into ¼" thick pieces
- 4 ounces Cremini mushrooms, quartered, about 1 cup quartered
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped, about ¾ cup
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 2 slices Whole Grain rustic style bread, such as Ciabatta or Round Italian, torn into bite-sized pieces
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 3 ounces grated sharp cheese such as Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana Padano
Preheat oven to 400 degrees-Convection, if you have it.
Line baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper.
Place zucchini, mushrooms, and onion in large bowl. Add the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss well to coat the vegetables evenly. Place on baking sheet. Roast approximately 15 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown and vegetables are fork tender.
Place sliced tomatoes, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in the bowl that you tossed the veggies in. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
Break eggs and place in large bowl. Add milk, Dijon mustard, and parsley. Whisk until ingredients are well combined.
Spray baking dish with non-stick spray. Place the bread in the bottom of the dish. Top with roasted veggies. Top with tomatoes. Gently pour the egg mixture over all. Let sit 10 minutes for bread to absorb egg.
Bake in the center of the oven until golden and slightly puffed, approximately 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 Serving|
|Fat||19g (49.3% calories from fat)|