Rosewater Donuts with Rose Petals
Beautiful and delicious rose water donuts can be the perfect treat for a romantic dinner!
Make This Recipe
For the Donuts:
½ cup almond flour
1 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 Eggland's Best egg, large
½ cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon rosewater
3 tablespoons olive oil
For the Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
½ teaspoon rosewater
Red food coloring (optional)
Fresh edible rose petals, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer on low speed, cream the brown and granulated sugars with the egg. Add the Greek yogurt and mix some more.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. Slowly add rosewater, while stirring on a low speed and drizzle in the oil.
- Spray a 12-cavity doughnut pan with cooking oil.
- Scoop the batter into a large sealable plastic bag and cut a hole on one of the bottom corners to form a makeshift “piping bag.”
- Fill each mold three-quarters of the way.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven.
- Place the doughnuts on a wire rack and let them cool completely.
To make the glaze:
- Whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and rosewater in a small bowl.
- Add a drop or two of red food coloring for a baby pink shade.
- Dunk each doughnut down into the bowl of icing, twisting and turning to form a thick, even layer.
- Sprinkle with edible rose petals.
- Allow the glaze to set before serving
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More