Spicy Shakshukah is perfect for those on a diet, since it's made with plenty of whole foods and uses the most nutritional eggs you can buy in a supermarket. It can be difficult to stay healthy sometimes, but you don’t have to worry with this recipe. Whether you're on Atkins, Low-Fat, or High Protein; it's a fantastic, healthy, and tasty option! Spicy Shakshukah is perfect for a weekend brunch with friends or for a special holiday breakfast!
Make This Recipe
4 large Eggland's Best Eggs
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 Anaheim pepper, chopped and seeded
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
2 cans (14 oz each) Diced Tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup broth of choice (chicken, veggie)
1/4 cup water
4 pita or flatbreads (6 inch)
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and peppers; sauté until onions begin to brown.
- Add garlic, stir and let it cook until fragrant.
- Now add the broth, salt, paprika, oregano, tomato paste, and diced tomatoes, one at a time, then stir it all together.
- Bring to a simmer, then lower heat and maintain simmer for 23 minutes for thickening.
- Add the 4 Eggland's Best eggs into the skillet in each quadrant.
- Cover the pan, reduce heat and cook for 9 minutes or desired firmness and yolk consistency.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Divide into quarters and serve.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More