Creamy homemade cheesecake covered in sweet strawberry topping.
Make This Recipe
16 oz softened cream cheese (2 packets)
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup cream cheese
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
2 Eggland's Best Large Eggs
1 pack fresh strawberries
3/4 cups sugar
1 tsp strawberry extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Clean your strawberries (I use a veggie wash). Dry the strawberries with a paper towel. Then cut them into fourths. Cover them with sugar, stir to combine. Finally, cover them and set them aside.
- Add cream cheese to mixer and mix until the cream cheese is smooth.
- Add the sugar to the cream cheese and mix on low until well combined but do not overmix. When you stop the mixer, use a rubber spatula to scrap the sides.
- Add the vanilla extract, sour cream and salt to the mixture. Combine until smooth.
- While the mixer is on low, one by one, add the eggs. Do not overmix but let the mixer go until it is well combined. Then use a spatula to scrape the sides again to make sure everything is well combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pie crust and baked for 70-75 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Remove the pies. It should still shake a little. That is okay. It will finish setting while it cools. Let the pie cool on top of the stove for 10 minutes. Then chill the pie for 1-2 hours.
- Now let's make the strawberry topping. Add your strawberries and strawberry extract to a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Cook them on medium for about ten minutes. Stir them often and if they're cooking too fast, turn them down.
- Keep cooking them and tasting every few minutes. If they're not sweet enough, add more sugar 1/4 cup at a time until you reach desires sweetness. When the strawberries are soft and mushy, remove them from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Once the pie has cooled, add your strawberry topping and enjoy.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More