Sunflower Zucchini Pie
Sunflower seeds add a nice and unexpected crunch to this delicious dish.
Make This Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 medium Zucchini (about 7 ounces), shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small Zucchini, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 5 large Eggland's Best eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Rice (brown or white)
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup 1% lowfat Milk
- 1/4 cup roasted, shelled Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly oil or coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shredded zucchini, Italian seasoning, and garlic and cook until the zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes.
Remove from skillet and set aside. In the same skillet saute sliced zucchini about 5 minutes until softened.
Place the eggs, rice, Cheddar cheese, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, milk, sunflower seeds, salt, and the shredded zucchini mixture in a large bowl and stir to combine.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pie plate, top with the remaining 1/3 cup
Parmesan cheese and zucchini slices, and cook until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 Serving|