Mediterranean Veggie Lasagna
Create a veggie lasagna that is perfect for brunch, or any meal of the day. Replace pasta noodles with Eggland’s Best Egg White Crepes and layer in the fillings to create a beautiful and savory lasagna your guests will rave about! This recipe is an excellent source of protein.
Make This Recipe
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup Almond Milk
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups cooked cut spinach, drained
2 cups cooked mushrooms, chopped fine
2 cups cooked red peppers, chopped fine
2 cups ricotta
1/4 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup Eggland’s Best Liquid Egg Whites
1 cup Half & Half
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Pinch of ground pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, Eggland’s Best Liquid Egg Whites, milk, salt, and oil until smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased 8” skillet and over medium heat.
- Once the skillet is heated, pour 3 tablespoons of batter to the center of the pan, swirl pan to create an even coat.
- Cook for 2 minutes and flip and cook for an additional minute.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
Make Filling & Bake:
- In a small saucepot, whisk over low heat, half and half, eggs, parmesan and ground pepper until mixture starts to thicken. Do not overheat because eggs will start to scramble. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together 1 cup ricotta with the cooled drained spinach, set aside.
- In a second bowl, mix together the cooled mushrooms with a third of the cheese sauce.
- In a third bowl, mix together the cooled red peppers with a third of the cheese sauce.
- Spray a medium spring pan with cooking spray.
- Begin layering. Start by adding 2 crepes to the prepared pan. Make sure to cover the entire surface. Follow by thinly layering the spinach mixture, then a crepe, a thin layer of the mushroom mixture, a crepe, a thin layer of ricotta, a crepe, a thin layer of the red pepper mixture, a crepe, and lastly a second thin layer of ricotta. Repeat layering until you reach the top of the spring pan.
- Top with the remainder of the cheese sauce and grated cheese.
- Bake at 320°F for 30 minutes or until a golden crust forms.
- Let sit for 10 minutes and serve.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More