Eggland's Best wants to know: What is "Your Best Recipe" using EB eggs? Is it your secret pie recipe? Your world-famous frittata? A melt-in-your-mouth soufflé? Enter it NOW in the 2nd Edition of the "Your Best Recipe" contest. Entries will be accepted from May 5, 2014 through July 31, 2014.
How to enter:
You may enter up to 2 recipes in each of the following 4 categories:
- Main Course
One winner will be selected from each category and will be awarded $1,000!
One Grand Prize winner will be selected among those 4 winners for a prize of $10,000!
Your entry may also be eligible for our brand new $1000 prize, the Kid Friendly Award. If a recipe you enter into one of the above 4 categories meets the criteria below, you can select your recipe to be entered in our Kid Friendly award category.
Criteria for the Kid Friendly Award:
- Recipe must have less than 10 total ingredients.
- There must be no more than seven active steps in the preparation of your recipe (not including steps for oven pre-heating, or baking pan preparation).
- Recipe must have a minimum of three steps in the preparation instructions that can be conducted safely by an unsupervised child between the ages of 4 and 12.
- Total recipe prep time should be less than 15 minutes not including time for ingredients that need to be brought to room temperature, or any time required for pre-cooking or baking).
This year, we will also be awarding $1,000 to the "Fan Favorite". Each of the top 5 finalist recipes in each category, Breakfast, Appetizer, Main Course, and Dessert, will be voted on by the public as their favorite recipe. The recipe that receives the most votes will be declared "Fan Favorite" and receive a $1,000 prize.
All recipes must be original recipes, and include at least 2 whole Eggland's Best eggs.
Contest Details & Rules:
- Contest entry period begins Monday, May 5, 2014.
- Contest entry deadline is Thursday, July 31, 2014 .
- Entrants may submit up to two recipes in each of the four (4) categories (eight total recipes per entrant).
- All recipes must be original.
- All recipes must include a minimum of two (2) whole Eggland's Best eggs.
- Recipes must be entered through our official online entry form. Entries submitted through email will not be considered for official entry. Click here to access the online entry form.
- Winners will be announced on November 10, 2014.
- All semi-finalists must meet eligibility requirements.
- Click here to view official contest rules & regulations