Eggland’s Best Encourages Fans to Vote for “Best in Region” Winner
Cedar Knolls, N.J., September 23, 2020 – Earlier this year, Eggland’s Best (EB) called on EB-egg aficionados to enter their favorite original family recipes featuring EB eggs in the Eggland’s Best “America’s Best Family Recipe” Contest 2020! Today, Eggland’s Best has announced the “Best in State” semi-finalists from the Southwest, who are now in the running to win the grand prize and earn the coveted title of America’s Best Family Recipe.
Eggland’s Best is now calling on EB fans to help determine which Southwest recipe will be named “Best in Region” and have the chance to win the $10,000 Grand Prize. “Best in Region” prize winners will each receive $1,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs. “Best in State” winners will also receive a prize from Eggland’s Best, and bonus category winners will receive $500. From now through October 6, fans can vote for their favorite Southwest recipe by visiting www.americasbestrecipe.com.
“We’re excited to see so many unique dishes and the ways that families from across the country incorporate Eggland’s Best eggs in their special family recipes,” said Charlie Lanktree, CEO of Eggland’s Best. “Cooking is an excellent way to bring the family together and strengthen those bonds, especially during these times. We can’t wait to see which recipe will take home the title in this year’s America’s Best Family Recipe Contest!”
With recipes ranging from decadent Almond Coconut Macaroons to an Italian Tapenade Chicken and Egg Panini, the “Best in State” recipes from the Southwest include:
- Arkansas: Sheryl L. – Egg, Sausage and Bacon Panzarotti
- Arizona: Johnna J. – Summer Daisy Cake
- New Mexico: Sharyn L. – Italian Tapenade Chicken and Egg Panini
- Oklahoma: Leah L. – Cardamom Pecan-Crusted Blackberry Streusel Mascarpone Lemon Bars with Basil Glitter
- Texas: Loanne C. – Indonesian Spiced Samosas with Cucumber Relish
- Missouri: Mary F. – Hot Tater Tot Egg Bake with Hog Hats and Mozzarella Pearls
- Louisiana: Samantha A. – Almond Coconut Macaroons
- Utah: Nancy J. – Spicy Chocolate Churro Molten Mini Cakes
- Colorado: Suzanne P. – Breakfast Gorditas
- Wyoming: Stacey R. – “Seoul Food”(Southern-Style Bibimbap Breakfast Bowl)
Once the “Best in Region” recipes are determined, fan votes combined with a panel of judges, including co-host of Food Network’s “The Kitchen,” Jeff Mauro, and Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist, Dawn Jackson Blatner, will then help determine the Grand Prize Winner.
"I’m so excited that I get to help judge the unique recipe submissions in this year’s contest ,” said Mauro. “As a dad and Chef, I always reach for Eggland’s Best eggs to add freshness and nutrition to my recipes. Eggland’s Best eggs are the only choice for my family!”
“I’m looking forward to reviewing the mouthwatering recipe entries from across the U.S.,” said Blatner. “While taste is always a huge factor for these recipes, I’m also really looking forward to reading the family stories behind the recipes and finding out why they also love Eggland’s Best eggs.”
Cast your vote! Visit www.americasbestrecipe.com to vote for your favorite Southwest recipe.