Eggland’s Best Encourages Fans to Help Choose “Best in Region” Winner
Cedar Knolls, N.J., August 12, 2020 – From North to South and East to West, Eggland’s Best (EB) encouraged Americans to show off their culinary skills and submit their best original family recipes featuring EB eggs in the Eggland’s Best “America’s Best Family Recipe” Contest 2020! Today, Eggland’s Best has announced the “Best in State” semi-finalist recipes from the Northeast, who are now in the running to be named America’s Best Family Recipe.
Eggland’s Best is now calling on EB fans across the country to help determine which Northeast recipe will be named “Best in Region,” and have the chance to win the $10,000 Grand Prize. “Best in Region” prize winners will each receive $1,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs. “Best in State” winners will also receive a prize from Eggland’s Best, and bonus category winners will receive $500. From now through August 25, consumers can visit www.americasbestrecipe.com and vote for their favorite Northeast recipe.
“Year after year, we are amazed to see the many unique ways families incorporate Eggland’s Best eggs into their recipes, as well as hear their passion for EB’s superior nutrition, taste and freshness,” said Charlie Lanktree, CEO of Eggland’s Best. “Now more than ever, spending time with loved ones in the kitchen is a great way to strengthen family bonds. We can’t wait to see which family recipe will take the title of America’s Best Family Recipe this year!”
From sweet Orange Cream Dessert Cups to a savory Mexican Quiche, the “Best in State” recipes from the Northeast include:
- Connecticut: Sarah M. – Zucchini-Crusted Cheeseburger Quiche
- Delaware: Brett Y. – Scrambled Egg Roll Stir Fry with Spicy Lime Aioli
- Massachusetts: Pamela G. – Eggy Spinach, Bacon, And Cheesy Egg Rolls
- Maryland: Amy F. – Taste of the Chesapeake Smoked Bloody Mary Deviled Salad Stuffed in a Bacon Wrapped Green Tomato
- Maine: Jason W. – French Breakfast Puffs
- New Hampshire: Alexis S. – Jewish Coffee Cake
- New Jersey: Charlotte C. – Mexican Quiche
- New York: Kimberly S. – Cherry Bacon Coffee (CBC) Brownies
- Pennsylvania: Lisa K. – Meringue Kissed Lemon Pudding Pie with Wild Berry Jam
- Rhode Island: Meredith R. – Orange Cream 1-2-3 Dessert Cups
- Vermont: Sandra T. – Springtime Casserole
- Washington D.C.: Christina B. – Healthier Okonomiyaki
Once the “Best in Region” recipes are determined, fan votes combined with a panel of judges, including co-host of Food Network’s “The Kitchen,” Jeff Mauro, and Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist, Dawn Jackson Blatner, will then help determine the Grand Prize Winner.
"I’m so excited that I get to help judge the unique recipe submissions in this year’s Contest,” said Mauro. “As a dad and Chef, I always reach for Eggland’s Best eggs to add freshness and nutrition to my recipes. Eggland’s Best eggs are the only choice for my family!”
“I’m looking forward to reviewing the mouthwatering recipe entries from across the U.S.,” said Blatner. “While taste is always a huge factor for these recipes, I’m also really looking forward to reading the family stories behind the recipes and finding out why they also love Eggland’s Best eggs.”
Cast your vote! Visit www.americasbestrecipe.com to vote for your favorite Northeast recipe.