Skip to Main Content
EB Baking Essentials: What to Bake for Christmas 2019
Add in ground beef or bacon to take these nachos to the next level!
Make This Recipe
- 1 large (or 2 small) sweet potatoes, washed and sliced into thin chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 Eggland’s Best eggs (large)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo or favorite salsa
- Sour cream, jalapenos, or other additions for serving if desired
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Place sweet potatoes on a large sheet pan in a single layer, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with half the salt and pepper. Don’t overcrowd the pan (You may need to use 2 sheet pans).
Bake for 15-20 minutes. Flip sweet potatoes and bake for another 10 minutes or until potatoes are crispy chips.
Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and bring to medium heat.
Scramble the eggs with milk and remaining salt and pepper, and pour into skillet, stirring often until cooked through. Set aside.
Remove sweet potatoes from oven and top with half of the cheese, followed by the eggs and beans. Top with remaining cheese.
Place back in the oven until cheese is melted about 5-10 minutes.
Remove from oven and place on serving dish.
Top with cabbage, cilantro, guacamole, and salsa. Serve immediately.
Information per Serving