Apple Pie Fritters
Looking for the perfect Fourth of July treat? Give these crunchy, sweet, and delicious apple fritters a try! This sweet treat is sure to please anyone at your gathering.
Make This Recipe
2 Large Eggland's Best Eggs
1 1/4 cup Gluten free flour
2-3 medium apples
1 tbsp white granulated sugar
Pinch of cinnamon
1 tbsp melted butter
Squeeze of lemon juice (about a tbsp)
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup milk of choice
1 tsp vanilla
~1 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp-1/4 cup milk of choice
- Dice and peel your apples and then add to a bowl with lemon juice.
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In another bowl add all the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix.
- Fold in apples.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or dutch oven until it reaches about 375F (or bubbles around a wooden spoon).
- Drop 1/4 cup of the fritter batter into the hot oil and cook until golden on each side (about 3 minutes on each side).
- Preheat your oven to 350F in the interim.
- After fritters are golden on each side, remove from oil and drain on a plate of paper towels.
- Place fritters on a parchment-lined baking sheet into the oven for about 10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Combine the glaze ingredients and pour overtop the cooled fritters after removing them from oven. Then enjoy!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More